I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab with T-mobile carrier from USA. This is a good decision to have that from USA that cost about BDT 40,000 (with local TAX) with carrier locked. Here in local market it cost BDT 50,000+. I have a look into internet for an unlocking process and unlocked my one successfully. There are many ways found to unlock Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Here I’m describing a easiest way with some step-by-step screen shot.
How to root into Android?
1. First of all you need to have super user/admin access into your android OS root folder. Sometimes you will listen rooting your Android phones gives some facilities. This time you also need to root the Tab.
How to root?
I used an Android software z4root. You can’t find this into Android Market in your phone right now. You have to download it from here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953
How to install z4root into android?
1. Connect your phone using USB cable.
2. Mount Mass Storage
3. Copy the z4root.1.3.0.apk file (that downloaded into PC) into any folder of your mobile storage.
4. Un Mount the Mass Storage.
5. Brows the z4root.1.3.0.apk file into mobile phone using My Files Application.
6. Tap to open. This file will try to install. Install the file following some steps.
2. Now disconnect the mobile phone and Enable USB Debugging from Setting>Applications>Development>USB debugging.
3. Open z4root Application from your phone and click on root button. Your phone will boot. Following some steps it will be rooted and install an Application named “Superuser” into your phone.
4. Install Super Manager App from Android Market. After installation open the App. It will ask some permission to run as administration/superuser, enable those. Now from the apps menu open file explorer.
To Unlock Galaxy Tab [We take no responsibility if something goes wrong!]
5. After rooted Backup a copy of /efs folder to /mnt/sdcard (so that you can use this folder mounting the mass storage with PC) using Super Manager App into your mobile.
6. Copy this /efs folder into your PC by mounting the mass storage.
7. Install a hex editor into your computer. I used http://www.hhdsoftware.com/free-hex-editor .
8. Open nv_data.bin file from the efs folder of your computer using Hex Editor.
9. Look for line number 00181469, you will see 01 after seven/eight ff. Make this 01 into 00. And look into line number 0018150e, there should be 00 after some ff. If not change this into 00. And save the file.
11. Open Super Manager and copy this edited nv_data.bin file. Now go to root and open /efs folder. You will ask r/w permission, just tap ok. Delete nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 from this folder and past edited nv_data.bin.
12. Reboot your phone using power button. After boot your phone should not ask for unlock code with any other SIM/Career. Now you are free. You will probably need to enter your carrier’s APN info to get data working. Go to “/Settings/Wireless and network/Mobile networks/Access Point Names”, create and save new APN.
Credits: XDA Developers